Sunday 24 October 2010

MP40 improved at last

Finally,I got my MP40 back from Unistore Piatra Neamt.He did a brilliant job on this replica:

-changed bushings
-cleaned up contacts
-mosfet installed
-changed the spring
-cleaned and re-lube

Now,this replica chronoes at least 110-115 ,whereas the previous configuration provided only 80-84.Looks like I have a gamer here.

I took Alvin's advice (WW2 UK),and performed an ageing job as well.I don't know about you,but I really like it this way...more realistic look and feel...

2 comments:

  1. I like the aging process in generally, especially on WW2 weapons, such as your mp40. I cant say I like your result, simply because I cant really see much in the picture, I'm waiting to look at it, with my critic eye (I have a pretty annoying one, or so I've been told..)
    Anyways, nice job with your blog, I'll try to add a colored spot to your all_positive thoughts and experiences related to airsoft :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,me old mate:-))

    Means the world to me knowing my efforts were not shadows on a mudbrick wall,so to speak.

    Hope you'll enjoy the upcoming posts here.Meanwhile,take care and we shall see each other shortly.

    ReplyDelete