Wednesday 26 May 2010

New project May - July 2010

I seem to have some spare time,so I'll start a new project,nothing fancy though...my Mauser C96's wooden butt & holster is long overdue now,errrr...never actually started on it.


This is the feller I need,so I guess I'll be starting off to have this done properly.Well dried ,fiberlong oak or hickory might just do the trick.Obviously carrying it onto the field is out of question,but for a nice display...you get the idea:-)

The pic on the right shows the genuine Mauser C96(possible other model too) field kit,i.e. leather holster and the wooden stock.I am not 100% positive on the rest of the field kit (leather harness used to attach this whole affair on you while in the field),and also I am not clear how the tool box(if there ever was one)looked like ,and if this was also carried in the field attached somehow to the harness/holster.


The only problem may have been arisen by the stock attaching metallic rail,but I'll see to that when it'll come to that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment